Siavo - Barquiña de San Cosme cleanup
Before the cleanup
State of the area
Cantidades de lixo:
The map shows the amounts of trash detected in the cleaning area
The area of action extends from Siavo (shipyard) to A Barquiña de San Cosme. It is divided into 10 zones (A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I and Classification) (See map of cleaning zones). The waste classification area was set up at the western end of Broña beach (on the same site as previous cleanings).
Each zone has a group of participants associated with the corresponding coordinators.
Get ready at 11:00 a.m. at the meeting point at the Broña beach parking lot, and from here we will walk to the different cleaning areas. Group A an J go by car. The classification site is at the western end of Broña beach (we have already been classifying there); at the end of the cleaning of our area, we moved to this point on foot, to help with the classification and sign the assistance part.
- 2 small bags
- work gloves
- Guild’s surveillance vest
- suitable clothing/footwear (zones H and I have canes that will be wet)
- protective glasses (as far as possibl; only in sections H and I where there are canes)
- razor sharp for cutting tangled ropes
- Small sack to dig up waste.
Waste to collect
- Plastics (big, small and tiny!)
- Treated/painted wood (pallets, boat parts, etc.)
- Organic waste
- Construction debris
- Praia da seca de Broña.
- On the track near Punta Picouto.
- On the track a little further from Punta Picouto.
- In the recreational area of Punta Requeixo.
- A Barquiña de San Cosme’s dock.
Distribution of Groups
The groups are distributed at the meeting point. At least one coordinator will go with each group.
Group A, 20 people: Siavo (beach area, up to the shipyard)). This group goes by car.
Group B, 25 people: At the bottom of Seca de Broña (beach and landing stage).
Group D, 30 people: Seca de Broña (intertidal).
Group E, 25 people: Broña beach and intertidal.
Group F, 45 people: Beaches next to Broña (there are 2 beaches).
Group G, 25 people: Surroundings of Punta Requeixo.
Group H, 25 people: Enseada de Requeixo, 1st sector.
Group I, 40 people: Enseada de Requeixo, 2nd sector.
Group J, 25 people: Intertidal of A Barquiña de San Cosme. This group goes by car.
Classification: 7 people: Broña beach western end.
Things to take into account
- Attention to unknown liquids. Do not pour!
- Bulky, transport without putting them in bags.
- We also collect small pieces of plastic (there are many), as they are the first ones to enter the food chain and can end up affecting the seafood.
People tha took part:
Glass & ceramics
Liliana Solís Pais