Punta Albán – Punta Paralada cleanup
Before the cleanup
State of the area
Cantidades de lixo:
The map shows the amounts of trash detected in the cleaning area
The action area extends from Punta Albán (jetty) (Outes) to Punta Paralada (Noia). It is divided into 11 zones (A, B, Classification, D, E, F, G, H, I, J and K) (See map). The waste sorting area will be set up in the parking lot of the old Seilan hospital (we have been sorting there several times already).
Each zone has a group of participants associated with the corresponding coordinators.
Get ready at 1:00 p.m. at the meeting point on the esplanade of the old Seilan hospital, and from here some will walk to the toilet areas (groups F, G, H and I), and others will have to travel by car. The sorting place is on an esplanade next to the old Seilan hospital (we’ve already been sorting there several times!!!!); At the end of the cleaning of our area, we moved to this point, to help with the classification and sign the attendance report.
IMPORTANT: Everyone must sign the attendance form before leaving, to justify their participation; a copy will be provided as proof. The minimum working time is 4 hours. The place where the attendance report will be signed is the classification area, in the old Seilan hospital, and the people in charge are Rafa and Pancho (from Arcea), together with Quico (president of the group) and other members of the group’s board of directors .
In this cleaning we will focus on some sections on the collection of small garbage, so it is important that you bring two small bags from home (the ones from the supermarket).
- 2 small bags
- work gloves
- Guild’s surveillance vest
- suitable clothing/footwear (zones H and I have canes that will be wet)
- protective glasses (as far as possibl; only in sections H and I where there are canes)
- razor sharp for cutting tangled ropes
- Small sack to dig up waste.
Waste to collect
- Plastics (big, small and tiny!)
- Treated/painted wood (pallets, boat parts, etc.)
- Organic waste
- Construction debris
- Next to the Punta Alban pier.
- Next to the Arnela beach.
- Under the Langano Viaduct.
- Under the Seilan Viaduct.
- Beneath the Seilan Viaduct, southern end.
- Punta Paralada and surroundings.
Distribution of Groups
To distribute at the meeting point. At least one coordinator will go with each group. (P= people)
A: 20 P Pantalán de Punta Albán, in the direction of Broña.
B: 20 P Pantalán de Punta Albán to Arnela Beach.
D: 25 P From the Langano viaduct to Arnela beach.
E: 25 P Surroundings of the Langano viaduct.
F: 10 P Surroundings of the Seilan viaduct.
G: 15 P Seilan Bridge (reeds).
H: 10 P Intermediate Seilán bridge – Punta Peón.
I: 20 P Punta Pawn.
J: 15 P Punta Paralada I (towards Punta Peón).
K: 25 P Punta Paralada II (towards the jetty of the A Barquiña cruise)
Rating: 7 P On the usual esplanade of the old Seilan hospital.
Things to take into account
- Attention to unknown liquids. Do not pour!
- Bulky, transport without putting them in bags.
- We also collect small pieces of plastic (there are many), as they are the first ones to enter the food chain and can end up affecting the seafood.